Of Memories, Quirks & Pure Laziness

Hello! I've been MIA for a long long time.. but I just didn't have the will power to write a blog post. I have decided that I find typing quite an annoying thing to do. Grammar and spelling mistakes are bound to happen if you want to maintain the flow while writing, and being the Grammar-Nazi that I am, it just simply pisses me off. Getting pissed off while in the middle of a thought process does nothing to enhance it. So I've been sticking to the traditional pen and paper way for quite some time now. There's just something magical about scribbling away whenever you feel like it.

Anyhoo.. I've been having a quiet time ever since the technical fest at my college got over. Its safe to say I'll miss it all.. whether its running around arranging things at the last moment or  those hundreds of Facebook notifications during fest season. Phew! Wasn't it eventful! These are the kind of moments that are etched  forever in your memory.. no matter how many years pass, you always look back to those moments and smile at the fond memories. No photograph can do justice to the pictures of unadulterated joy that would live forever in your heart. Oh.. How I'm going to miss these days...

Over the past few days, I've realized that I've observed quite a few quirky and oft annoying habits of people. Here are few of them..
  • Pushing the elevator button repeatedly - Whenever I see someone doing this, I'm pretty sure the expression on my face says 'seriously?' Its as if they think that pushing the button numerous times or with a bit of extra force will make the elevator come faster. If you are in such a hurry, why not start 5 mins early?
  •  Blocking the door of the metro - The metro is going to come again in a few minutes, people! Its not as if its never going to come again. Some people tend to run toward the gates and when the doors just close on their faces, they have this really dejected and lost expression... jeez... its not the freaking Olympics...get over it.
  • Asking someone who's sitting in the bus or metro when they'll get off -  get off? seriously? And then they get offended when Indian English is made fun of. As if they don't just hand over the opportunity to do so. And lets just say that someone does use the correct phrase : get down. What the hell gives you the right to ask someone that question? And why should they tell you? With the kind of sick minds that people have these days, surely they should know that its not safe to divulge your whereabouts to a complete stranger. What is wrong with people these days?
  • Making the sitting person so conscious by constantly staring and watching their every movement like a hawk, it makes the poor fellow squirm. Awkward much?
  • No sense of privacy -  I don't' understand what makes it right for people to peep into someone's phone or book or whatever it is that they are occupied with. Unless you have that kind of comfort level with that person, it is absolutely RUDE to do so!
  • The Captain Obvious questions - I've seen seen this one and experienced it myself too many times to count. Say you're be reading something and someone would come up to you and say, "Hey, you're reading." Well, no shit, Sherlock. But alas! Polite society demands that such a retort die on the lips. Though piss me off, and I just might let it loose. Just sayin'.
Well, there it is... my first blog post this year. Quite a rant,eh? I've been quite a slowpoke in updating this baby, but I hope to rectify this as and when I can. And that means when I'm in the mood to put enough effort to edit and spell-check everything.

I know its not exactly new year anymore.. but I wish that everyone has a great time ahead. Thanks a lot for all the love and messages asking 'where the hell are you?' I'll try  ( try being the keyword ) not to be absent for such a long time again.

Until next time!