Things I just don't get (about men)!


 Now.. I realise that what I'm gonna say here might not go down well with the guys.. but this is my personal opinion. Don't like, don't read. Consider yourself warned.


There are some things that I just don't understand when it comes to the male population. Yes, I'm aware of the 'Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus' line of thought. And I have no intention of starting a Battle of Sexes here... I just have a bone to pick with some people *hint hint* and the rest of y'all can ignore it and go on with your merry lives.


I don't understand why some guys....

  •  Ask for your phone number,  feel like a rockstar and then send lame texts. What's the point of extending a conversation unnecessarily when you don't have anything to say? Or are you obtuse enough to think that its the girl's job to chatter away? Some don't take a hint even if its a vague reply.. pah-lease! If a girl replies with 'k' thrice in a row.. stop friggin' texting!
  •  Don't approach a woman they're interested in. Are we supposed to be mind-readers? Or do you reckon its flattering to hear from your friend's friend's friend about how they have 'might' have a crush on a you?  Gives me a headache, i swear!
  • Want to protect the girl from the 'ugly truth'. Seriously,  what's with the patronizing attitude? We have access to the same technology and resources. And we too know that the world is not all sunshine and roses. So keeping the truth from a girl, thinking 'she won't be able to handle it' ... how very macho of you. NOT!
  • Say they don't like drama and end up dating the most dramatic and craziest of them? Beats me.. (But it does lead to some hilariously comic situations sometimes)
  • Feel the need to lie. All girls have an Inner Bullshit Detector (IBD). So before you open that mouth and start yakking about anything that comes to mind, STOP. And THINK. You're very much capable of it.
  • Don't be themselves. (I know this applies to girls too, so don't go hatin' on me ) Why try to fake when trying to impress (and then crib that you want a girl to like you for who you are) ? The IBD rules you out within seconds. Develop a personality. Works every time.
  • Bug the hell out of the girl you meet after a heartbreak. Nobody wants to be the rebound girl. And nobody wants a clingy asshole.Just because you saw it fit to offload the emotional upheaval you are in doesn't mean she is madly in love with you. Get a grip on reality! She either sympathizes/pities or thinks you are a loser. Neither case requires you to go all romeo on her. Jeez.
  • Don't understand the meaning of 'no'. If a girl says she's not interested, then she's not interested. Simple. There are no two ways about it... we're not 14 year old immature adolescents who are too shy to say that we like someone. 
Phew!  Now that was something. I feel so good after putting up a new post. Not just because of the outlet to thoughts that it provides.. but also for saving a trip to the therapist in the very very distant future.

Disclaimer : All opinions are my personal. Don't go hating on the female population because of it and say 'women this.. and women that...' . Pick a bone with me. I love a good argument. *insert wicked grin here*